These Features were Recently Enhanced in TeachPoint’s Online Professional Development Tracking Solution
E-Sign In Timestamps
Timestamp details are now available for e-sign in for any user that has Review and Approve, Approve, Presenter, or Credit Approval permissions. When using the two e-sign in features, the system will now show a timestamp of when the user officially signed in to the event.
Electronic Sign In Sheet
If you use this method to have attendees sign in to the event, the date and timestamp will show up next to the check mark.
Select “sign-in method” and/or “sign-in date time” from the list of optional columns when in the Enrolled/Waiting/Needs Approval screen.
Customize Credit Types for System Administrators
We realize that our customers use many different types of credit for Professional Development events. A new feature release will enable system administrators to customize credit names and disable any unused credit type from the system to prevent confusion.
*Please note the credit type must have never been used in any previous PD event for us to disable it or edit the name.
Other new features:
- Support SAML SSO for MS Azure Active Directory
- Allow for plan duration to be adjusted based on the completion of a plan item (Educator Evaluation)
- Ability to email users to announce a new PD event has been published (PD Tracking)
- Allow ability to identify date or time range expiration for E-Sign In Code feature (PD Tracking)
For help with using these updated features, please contact our Client Success Team at email@example.com.
Not yet using both our Educator Evaluation Solution and the integrated PD Tracking Solution? Learn more by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-202-9455.
Springfield Public Schools
Springfield Public Schools is the second largest district in New England. Approximately 2,800 licensed educators and administrators will be using the TeachPoint Educator Evaluation solution for this school year. The district will also use TeachPoint to manage professional development for both its licensed staff and 1,400 classified staff.
Strengthening educator effectiveness by coaching, developing, and evaluating educators based on a clear vision of effective instruction is a critical component of Springfield Public Schools’ commitment to improve learning for its 26,000 students. The district is moving from an evaluation system that was focused on compliance to one that encourages development and continuous improvement, empowers educators, enables more short but frequent observations, and is driven by data and evidence.
“Our goal for implementing TeachPoint is to provide an intuitive solution that takes the complexities out of the evaluation process for our teachers,” said Michelle Heim Balch, Senior Administrator of Performance and Evaluation for Springfield Public Schools.
Tips for System Administrators
Early fall is a busy time for the TeachPoint System Administrator. Here are some tips and suggestions to help make sure TeachPoint is set up well for a successful school year.
Archived accounts are not visible and not accessible to the past user, but it is important to remember that the user information such as job title, teams, and departments remain in the database and keep things such as school names and teams active perhaps when no longer needed. It may be useful to remove this information periodically.
- Export users both normal and archived
- Sort the CSV file with the Account Status column
- Accounts with a status of “0” are archived
- Delete the info from columns such as school, teams, and departments
- Import the database
New User Upload
If your plan is to mass upload users via the user export/import function, provide the HR contact with a spreadsheet organized to match the pertinent data for a TeachPoint import. This information can be compiled as new hires are on-boarded and will be ready when needed. Just be sure that HR ‘names’ schools and job titles as they appear in TeachPoint.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Professional Status
See our help section for more on managing users (must be logged in to view).
Welcome New Customers
These Schools and Districts Have Recently Joined the TeachPoint Family
- Achieve Language Academy, MN
- Acushnet Public Schools, MA
- Adrian Public Schools, MI
- Baystate Academy Charter Public School, MA
- Bellevue Christian School, WA
- Bishop O’Dowd High School, CA
- Brilliant Minds Academy, FL
- Brooklyn Center Schools ISD #286, MN
- Cardinal Cushing Centers, MA
- Cheshire Public School District, CT
- CSI Charter School, NH
- Dayton Public Schools, OH
- Diocese of Youngstown, OH
- Einstein Charter School, LA
- Evansville-Vanderburgh School Corporation, IN
- Exalt Academy of Southwest Little Rock, AR
- Fitchburg Public Schools, MA
- Goal Academy High School, CO
- Grand Haven Area Public Schools, MI
- Hawkins County Schools, TN
- Horizon Private School, United Arab Emirates
- Ivywood Classical Academy, MI
- Jackson Christian School, TN
- Junction Hill C-12, MO
- Lionsgate Academy, MN
- Livingston Classical Academy, MI
- Ludlow Public Schools, MA
- Maple Run Unified School District, VT
- Muhlenberg County Board of Education, KY
- New Bedford Public Schools, TX
- New Heights Charter School of Brockton, MA
- Newburyport Public Schools, MA
- Norfolk Public Schools, NE
- North Bend School District 13, OR
- Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District, CA
- Notre Dame de Sion, MO
- Proviso Township High School District 209, IL
- Putnam Science Academy, CT
- Sullivan House Alternative High School, IL
- Summit Academy, UT
- Trinity Episcopal School, NC
- Union Academy, NC
- UP Education Network, MA
- Waterford School, UT
- West Coast University, CA
- West Morris Regional High School, NJ
- Windham Southeast Supervisory Union, VT
- Windsor Central Supervisory Union, VT
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates!